Occupation: Agribusiness Consultant / Real Estate Broker / Insurance Agent
Address: 482 Pike Road / Pantego
Education: BS in Agricultural Economics / NC State University
Qualifications: Banker for 30-years / Small business owner for last 18-years / Current Chairman of Beaufort County Board of Commissioners / Past President of TriCounty Broadband and TriCounty Foundation / Past Chairman of Beaufort County Hospital board of trustees / Past director of both the NC & VA Agribusiness Councils / Pungo Ruritan Club-Current Secretary & Past President
- Public Safety ….. continue to support funding for our Sheriff’s Office. This includes one school resource officer for each of the 14 schools in the county serving a total of 7,000 students. The SROs were recently approved in the 2018-2019 Budget.
- Paramedic EMS ….. favor the current model of paid and volunteer EMS departments. Having paramedics available 24/7 on both sides of the Pamlico River continues to assist every citizen, volunteer fire department and law enforcement officer.
- Education ….. will work hard to improve and fund our public schools and community college. We depend on both to meet the workforce requirements of our business community. Support early college high school program at BCCC.
- Economic Development ….. improve & grow the county’s tourism, hospitality, retirement communities, soft industry, agribusiness, commercial and sport fishing. A skilled workforce provided by our schools and community college will enhance our opportunity to expand core industries and create new jobs.
- Solar Facilities ….. support the current mortarium while the county’s solar ordinance is updated to include minimum setbacks, improved landscaping and EPA approved panels. Will support state legislation to remove the restriction that allows county governments to only tax solar facilities owners @ 20% of cost.
Phone: (252) 935-5422
Address: 482 Pike Road
Pantego, NC 27865
Website: Waters For Commissioner