BEAUFORT COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
This is a statement of who we are and what we believe as the Beaufort County Republican Party. This is our vision for a strong and free United States of America. President George Washington said, in his first inaugural address: "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained." Values matter. Character matters.
The Beaufort County Republican Party believes that Republicans should support:
- The Judeo-Christian God of the Bible who, along with the Constitution of the United States of America, is the foundation of our nation.
- The entirety of the Constitution, which includes the right of the people to rise up in defense of it.
- The belief that all people are created by God in His image and possess natural inalienable rights, the first of which is the right to LIFE, which should be protected from conception until natural death.
- Equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
- The fact that marriage is the union of one man and one woman for the purpose of establishing a traditional family.
- The fact that the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
- The fact that free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
- The fact that we are a representative republic, not a democracy.
- Freedom of religion and the free practice thereof, not "freedom from religion".
- Individual liberty with the freedom to live our lives and run our businesses without government oppression.
- National security as being one of the first and most important roles of government. Strength only exists when our borders are secure and our enemies deterred.
- The fact that government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the fruits of their labor.
- The fact that the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.
- The fact that the government should tax only to raise money for its constitutional functions. We support a thorough review of expenditures each year, and we support a taxpayer's bill of rights.
- The fact that Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride.
- The concept that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
Approved March 10, 2020 at the Beaufort County Republican Party County Convention