This is a statement of who we are and what we believe as the Beaufort County Republican Party. This is our vision for a strong and free United States of America. President George Washington said, in his first inaugural address: "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained." Values matter. Character matters.
The Beaufort County Republican Party believes that Republicans should support:
- The Judeo-Christian God of the Bible who, along with the Constitution of the United States of America, is the foundation of our nation.
- The belief that all people are created by God in His image and possess natural inalienable rights, the first of which is the right to LIFE, which should be protected from conception until natural death.
- The fact that marriage is the union of one man and one woman for the purpose of establishing a traditional family.
- The fact that we are a representative republic, not a democracy.
- Individual liberty with the freedom to live our lives and run our businesses without government oppression.
- Free enterprise and individual initiative allowing people to keep the fruits of their labor.
- The entirety of the Constitution, which includes the right of the people to rise up in defense of it.
- Freedom of religion and the free practice thereof, not “freedom from religion."
- Limited government and sound fiscal responsibility.
- The concept that the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
Approved by the Beaufort County Executive Committee.
September 15, 2015
Keith D Kidwell